none
InvokeProcess Activity in Build Process Workflow to copy files

Answers

• So, to troubleshoot:

Check if your activity is even running:

Each activity that is executed is indicated in the build log. Make sure that your "InvokeProcess" is being called. If you put your InvokeProcess activity inside a Sequence activity you can set the "DisplayName" property of the Sequence and that's what will be displayed in the log.

If it is running, check what's being passed in:

You can also increase the Verbosity of logging in the Parameters when you queue a build. If you set it to "Verbose" the log will automatically display the value of parameters at both the start and end of the activity.

If it is not running:

Make sure:

- You're checking in the process template to source control, not just saving it locally

- The build definition is using the process template you're modifying

Also, running through steps 1 and 2 of Ewald's guide EXACTLY as it's written, even if it's a second time, may help show you something you missed.

Beyond this, more details are needed... maybe a copy of the log?

Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:02 PM

All replies

• So, to troubleshoot:

Check if your activity is even running:

Each activity that is executed is indicated in the build log. Make sure that your "InvokeProcess" is being called. If you put your InvokeProcess activity inside a Sequence activity you can set the "DisplayName" property of the Sequence and that's what will be displayed in the log.

If it is running, check what's being passed in:

You can also increase the Verbosity of logging in the Parameters when you queue a build. If you set it to "Verbose" the log will automatically display the value of parameters at both the start and end of the activity.

If it is not running:

Make sure:

- You're checking in the process template to source control, not just saving it locally

- The build definition is using the process template you're modifying

Also, running through steps 1 and 2 of Ewald's guide EXACTLY as it's written, even if it's a second time, may help show you something you missed.

Beyond this, more details are needed... maybe a copy of the log?

Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:02 PM
  • Thank You Sid..

As you said, I have gone thru once again and found that my sequence activity was in a wrong place.. There are 2 places where "Run MsBuild" in the Process Template and I placed it in the first place which is not the actual one.

I corrected it and it is working fine..

Thank you so much for your reply !

Jags

Monday, October 04, 2010 6:43 PM