none
Call center application(asp.net,sqlserver C# )

Question

• Does any body have an idea about a Call center application(asp.net,sqlserver C# ) which will save information about incoming and outgoing calls in the sql server database.

Please Refer to me any idea or any link from which I start my R & D.Then start building the project.Thanks in advance.

Wish You All Success.                                                                                                   Kamran Shahid

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:19 PM
  • Thanks Good informative link Shannon.One thing I also had to mention that I have to use vs.net 2003

Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:26 PM
  • There is a Vs.NET 2003 IssueVision version.  Although it may be only in the Everett (.Net Framework 1.1) version.  Is that what you mean... there isn't a 1.0 Framework version.
    Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:01 AM
  • It seems to me that it would involve a somewhat in-depth knowledge of the PBX system in the call center or PBX systems in general. Your PBX can send data to somewhere when each call ends with information like whether it was an incoming/outgoing call, the extension that the call was placed/made from (which you can cross-reference with an employee's number if they are not the same.), the duration, the number dialed, how many times person was placed on hold and for how long, etc etc.
    Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:39 AM
  • I would read up on dialogic boards.  I was with a company years ago, that was a pure call center company.   We wrote most in MFC++ and STL.     You can also pull the data end of day from the switch and process like that.    Depending on the call center size, expect 1-8 million records a day in the database.   

For performance reason, do not go above third normal form on database.   I would do a hybrid between 2nd & 3rd.    Since you are doing it in C#, I would use Wintellect's powercollections on cache data lookups.   There are a varity of issues involved in writing this, main things you have to think how you are going to deploy to the switches the calls.    There is going to be a process to load the call center data in to the switch (every datacenter has its seperate data to load) .  Plus you have to handle things like Do not call list (one is internally company wide) other now is National, and some states have their own.

this is quiet a lengthy subject :)

Paul

Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:09 PM
  • hi, i'm building a same proyect, you can help me?... i need many information about this topic, this type proyect its new for me... thanks

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:14 PM