none
Executing a C program in Visual Studio 2005

Question

• I am a novice programmer (noob) who needs help with compiling and executing C code with C++ Visual Studio 2005. I have renamed the document to end with ".c" so the compiler will acknowledge C syntax. Another topic on the forum about compling helped but it didnt show how to execute the program. I need help executing a simple program after successfully compling. Also, I usually code simple programs using Emacs on an XWin32 machine. It outputs through a terminal window. I would assume that Visual Studio outputs to MS-DOS and if so, is there a way to run the source code via MS-DOS?  I guess my main question is, how do I run a program after successfully compiling it in C++ Visual Studio 2005? Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:28 AM

Answers

• If you press F5, you will run a debug build.  If you press CTRL-F5 you will run without debugging. These options also exist in the Debug menu.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:29 AM

All replies

• If you press F5, you will run a debug build.  If you press CTRL-F5 you will run without debugging. These options also exist in the Debug menu.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:29 AM
  • I want to thank cgraus for your reply to his question. I had the same problem. I am also noob programmer and could execute it after I successfully compiled it. Thanks very much.  This post was a big help.
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:21 AM