none
MSVCR100.dll missing

Question

• Hello,

I built a dll for an application. When I wanted to run the application with my dll, a popup occurs, saying that the msvcr100.dll is missing. Did I include some libraries from this dll so that my dll needs the dll? How can I get rid of this?

andy

Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:05 PM

Answers

• Well, what you used to need this dll is Visual C++ 2010. This is the CRT, ie the runtime DLL that it depends on. If you use things like new, malloc, the string copy routines anything with the C++ libraries, this will all make use of this DLL.

If you have copied this DLL to a different computer it will not have this runtime by default. So you will need to install the VC runtime on the computer you are trying to use the DLL on.

For more information see Deployment. You can find the redistributables for x86 and x64. (Install only x86 on a 32 bit version of Windows and both on a 64 bit version of Windows).

Visit my (not very good) blog at http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:10 AM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:31 PM

All replies

• Well, what you used to need this dll is Visual C++ 2010. This is the CRT, ie the runtime DLL that it depends on. If you use things like new, malloc, the string copy routines anything with the C++ libraries, this will all make use of this DLL.

If you have copied this DLL to a different computer it will not have this runtime by default. So you will need to install the VC runtime on the computer you are trying to use the DLL on.

For more information see Deployment. You can find the redistributables for x86 and x64. (Install only x86 on a 32 bit version of Windows and both on a 64 bit version of Windows).

Visit my (not very good) blog at http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:10 AM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:31 PM
  • I had faced this issue earlier..

To resolve this error. Change the Project Settings->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library to Multithreaded Debug

Earlier both my CLR dependent wrapper and my managed library both had mulithreaded dll.. which was causing the MSVCR100D.dll missing error..

Hope this helps,

Divya

• Proposed as answer by FER_ViBorg Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:03 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:11 AM

To resolve this error. Change the Project Settings->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library to Multithreaded Debug

Earlier both my CLR dependent wrapper and my managed library both had mulithreaded dll.. which was causing the MSVCR100D.dll missing error..

Hope this helps,

Divya

No, that's not right. The release config should not use the debug CRT. Only the debug config should use that.
    http://blog.voidnish.com
    • Proposed as answer by FER_ViBorg Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by FER_ViBorg Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:08 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 1:09 AM

This did help me. I also had msvcr100d.dll missing error, and with this settings all my programs works fine. I do not now what has changed since MSVS2008, because 2008 version didn't make this kind of problem.
    • Proposed as answer by shuttler2008 Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:51 PM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:07 PM