none
How can we activate .NET Framework installed in our system

Question

• Windows - XP system Iam using,which shows Microsoft .NET Frame work 1.1 installed ,when I check the Programs installed.This application is not running whcih is not seen in applications list also.Coudnt find the dotnet exe also.How can we reapir this to access the .NET Framework set up in my system.Can anyone help me out in this

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:58 PM

Answers

• The .NET Framework 1.1 does not install files under program files, but does install under %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Additionally, if you look in your installed programs you will see an entry for the .NET Framework 1.1.

You do not need to do anything to "activate" .NET Framework.  Once you install it that should be sufficient.

What additional side effects are you seeing to make you think that the .NET Framework 1.1 might not be installed?

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:13 PM

All replies

• The .NET Framework or more specific is not a process that is constantly running. Depending on the PE32 header of executables and among other factors the correct version of the .NET Runtime (CLR) will be loaded.
    Friday, April 27, 2007 7:19 PM
  • The .NET Framework 1.1 does not install files under program files, but does install under %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Additionally, if you look in your installed programs you will see an entry for the .NET Framework 1.1.

You do not need to do anything to "activate" .NET Framework.  Once you install it that should be sufficient.

What additional side effects are you seeing to make you think that the .NET Framework 1.1 might not be installed?

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:13 PM
  • Hello everyone,

How about the Framework 3.0? I mean now I update it from 2.0 to 3.0 and how can I make sure that sourecode is debugging/running under 3.0, not 2.0. I already restart computer, although I do not think it is necessary. Thanks

Friday, May 04, 2007 2:08 PM
  • If you really want to verify which CLR runtime has been loaded for the application you can enable CLR Load Logging:

Friday, May 04, 2007 2:20 PM
  • Thanks!
    Friday, May 04, 2007 2:51 PM