none
Full Rebuild when I change a single file

Question

• Hi,

since I use VS 2010 SP1, when I modify only one file of a project, then the whole project is rebuilded. I've tried with the /Gm option and so on. I've read about this problem in others forums but I have not fixed it. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi aurara_s,

>>a new project I've just created works fine! What could be the problem?

As your description, this is a project specific issue. sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems.  This issue not caused by VS IDE.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi aurora_s,

The project you meantioned is a project which you upgrade to VS2010 from a lower version VS ?

Or a project you create in VS2010?

And please try to create a new project in VS2010, see whether this issue still exists.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:37 AM
  • It's a project generated with CMake, not upgraded from 2008. This don't happen always... in a new project I've just created works fine! What could be the problem?

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi aurara_s,

>>a new project I've just created works fine! What could be the problem?

As your description, this is a project specific issue. sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems.  This issue not caused by VS IDE.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:21 AM