none
Change Action Center settings

Question

• Hi All

How do I Change the Action Center Settings.

I have already a function that will change the windows updates to never check for updates.

Once I turn it off an Action Center Message pops up.

This message can be turned off via Windows. The same process I am trying to implement using VB.NET.

Any Ideas ?

karepa

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

it is possible. 

you need to check which register is stand for windows automatic update and change the value of register.

If this don't work for you, Change the Gourp Policy seems to be not a bad solution. 

hope this helps. 

No code, No fact.

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Karepa, do you really think this should be done programmatic and then even the code can be put in this forum and personally guarantee that nobody will then use that code to create malicious code? For instance to set off virus scanners, automatic updates and things like that?

If you are not 100% sure of that it falls in the category malicious code for a forum.

Success
    Cor

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Cor.

Sorry I haven't mentioned the scenario.

Today, what I am trying to do on a VB code, is possible via (Action Center -> Change Action Center Settings -> Untick Security Messages Windows Update.

We still using Novell as the main network that's why I am trying to do it automatically.

We have 730 workstations using w7 and those generate around 2GB daily of internet traffic (Windows Updates).

The idea is to download those updates once and push them to the stations.

As I mentioned before the code for changing from automatic update to do not update is already in place.

What I am trying is avoid the alert that the windows update is tuned off.

There is no intention to create malicious software or some how promote that.

If is not possible, it is not possible. No dramas.

karepa

Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

it is possible. 

you need to check which register is stand for windows automatic update and change the value of register.

If this don't work for you, Change the Gourp Policy seems to be not a bad solution. 

hope this helps. 

No code, No fact.

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:46 AM