none
Header line too long

Question

• Hello. I have a problem. Please help me to solve it.

In solution there is a Win-Service. This service queues a Class' method (let call it a GetData method) that queues a Web-Service via proxy classes. I have not an access to the Web-Service code and scheme. Proxy classes have already been built by another developer. So, when I build the Win-Service in Release configuration and run it at the local machine, everything is fine. If I build the Win-Service in Debug configuration, run it, attach the process in Visual Studio 2010 to debug the service, I receive a FaultException: "Header line too long".

I tried to debug a code of the GetData method using Visual Studio 2010 (in the program class of the win-service I canceled a creation of the service instance and called the GetData method). But in this case I had the mentioned FaultException in both ways: Release and Debug.

Another developer consulted me that there is a Debug (or some additional) data added to the header into the request. He said I had to delete some program that was adding this additional info.

What should I do? How can I fix this problem? Please, help me. I tried to look over the Internet but I found nothing...

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'd suggest your run Fiddler to check both messages on wire when build the service in release and debug configuration. Then you can check if there is any unnecessary message headers added into request.

Also, with IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults property set to true, you can get detailed error information returned by the service. In this case, you'll need to contact the Web-Service owner to help you resolve this issue.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:48 AM