none
Coding a save button in visual basic

Question

• i'm creating a student management system and i have no idea about coding. i want all the data to be saved in a text file once i click save button. can somebody pls help me in coding this?
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• i'm creating a student management software and i have no idea about coding. i want all the data to be saved in a text file once i click save button. can somebody pls help me in coding this?
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:38 AM
  • i'm creating a student management system and i have no idea about coding. i want all the data to be saved in a text file once i click save button. can somebody pls help me in coding this?

Why would you decide to program a student management system on your own if you have no idea how to program?

That's like performing an operation on somebody without having any medical skills. Why would you attempt the procedure?

Are you sure this isn't a homework assignment and you just want an answer?

Try using a search engine to get an answer. You'll get about 2,220,000 replies in about .38 seconds that are possible answers for your basic question.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:14 AM

You need to start with a description of what the data looks like.   I presume it is one record per student.  You could create a delimited string that contains all the information for one student, and save it as one line in a text file. Then write each string into the file using any of the available text file write methods.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1t4kyezf.aspx

So your task is not about writing the data to a text file.  It is about preparing that data as text in a form that enables you to write it and then retrieve it when needed.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

I have moved this thread to Visual Basic for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:39 AM