none
Error creating process <C:\DOCUME~1\\LOCALS~1\TEMP\IXP000.TMP\Install.exe Reason: The system cannot find the path specified

Question

• Error creating process <C:\DOCUME~1\\LOCALS~1\TEMP\IXP000.TMP\Install.exe Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.

(My computer's Reg owner name is #2, not sure how to change that If its causing a problem )

This is the error I get trying to install DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime & Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

Any ideas? Thanks

Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:12 AM

Answers

• Can you please try to extract the contents of the .NET Framework setup to a folder other than %temp% and see if that helps resolve this issue?  To do that, you can run dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\dotnetfx /c.  You can change the path c:\dotnetfx to some other path of your choosing as well.

Thanks!  Aaron

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:13 AM

All replies

• Can you please try to extract the contents of the .NET Framework setup to a folder other than %temp% and see if that helps resolve this issue?  To do that, you can run dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\dotnetfx /c.  You can change the path c:\dotnetfx to some other path of your choosing as well.

Thanks!  Aaron

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:13 AM
  • I am having a similar problem with my system.  I get the following error:

Error Creating Process<C:\DOCUME~1\Avionelle\Local settings\Temp XP000\Install.exe> Reason: C:\WINDOWS\system 32\advpack.dll

I will try the idea submitted, however if any one an idea of what is occuring on my system I will be grateful

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:37 PM
  • Better late than never....

Make sure you are using the correct version for your OS (i.e. x86 or x64) as this can cause the same error message.
    Friday, February 29, 2008 1:23 AM