none
visual basic 6 project on Team Foundation Server

Question

• I have a lot of vb6 projects on Visual Source Safe that I want to binding on Team Foundation Source Control. I used this steps for the migration of one project:

1. Delete .scc file on project folder

2. Check-in (add) of the files on TFS folders (.vbp, .cls and .bas) with Source Control Explorer of VS2005

3. Open the project with vb6 IDE and add the project (binding) on TFS with selection of the correct TFS folder

When I open this project on my workspace everything work well (check-in\check-out), when another developer open the project on his TFS workspace the vb6 IDE ask him to ri-binding the project even if he get latest version of the files from VS2005.

What is the correct way to bind vb6 project on TFS?

Thursday, February 08, 2007 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Semola:

I assume you are using the MSSCCI provider since our Team Explorer does not support integration with VB6.0.

You are doing everything right from what I can see ... short of the bindings not taking effect and saving on the file I don’t have more advice to offer unfortunately. What you can try to see if it is you or the developer’s configuration machine is to clean your workspace completely and then do a force get and then check to see if the bindings are still good.  If they are then investigate the setup of that developer's machine to see what might be tricky there.

If the bindings are also wrong for you then is something with the way we are binding. Let us know what happens

Thanks, mario

Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:50 PM

All replies

• When you are migrating source code from VSS to TFVC you need to map users too.

Complete procedure for migration can be found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms253060(vs.80).aspx.

Friday, February 09, 2007 4:34 AM
  • Hi Semola:

I assume you are using the MSSCCI provider since our Team Explorer does not support integration with VB6.0.

You are doing everything right from what I can see ... short of the bindings not taking effect and saving on the file I don’t have more advice to offer unfortunately. What you can try to see if it is you or the developer’s configuration machine is to clean your workspace completely and then do a force get and then check to see if the bindings are still good.  If they are then investigate the setup of that developer's machine to see what might be tricky there.

If the bindings are also wrong for you then is something with the way we are binding. Let us know what happens

Thanks, mario

Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:50 PM