none
Send and Receive MSMQ messages - XML File

Question

• Hi Everybody,

I have a XML Document which i want to send and receive to a MSMQ queue. I am successfully able to Send the XML Document as a Body, but i am not able to retrieve the message even if I set the Formatter as XML Fomatter. Below is the code snippet.

Code:

string queuePath = "FormatName:Direct=TCP:154.154.140231.\\PRIVATE$\\questions";
                MessageQueue queue = new MessageQueue(queuePath);
                XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();

Message msg = new System.Messaging.Message("Example Message Body");
                String strfilename = "C:\\Users\\skothar\\Documents\\Questions.xml";

xmlDoc.Load(strfilename);

msg.Body = xmlDoc;
                msg.Formatter = new System.Messaging.XmlMessageFormatter();
                queue.Send(msg, "Force");

Message RCmsg = new System.Messaging.Message("Example Message Body");
               RCmsg = queue.Peek(); // NOT WORKING
               RCmsg.Formatter = new System.Messaging.XmlMessageFormatter(new Type[] { typeof(String) });
               queue.Formatter = new XmlMessageFormatter(new Type[] { typeof(String) });

RCmsg.Formatter = new XmlMessageFormatter(new Type[] { typeof(String) });

RCmsg = queue.Peek();           //EVEN AFTER SETTING THE FORMATTER ITS NOT WORKING 

XmlDocument RcXML = new XmlDocument();

RcXML.Load(RCmsg.Body.ToString());

Please guide me through to get the solution.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Monday, September 03, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• I haven't actually tried this out, but I believe that you are misconfiguring the XmlMessageFormatter. You are sending as an argument typeof(String), meaning that you expect to retrieve a String encoded inside the XML message body. But in the "sending" part, you are setting the Body to be an XmlDocument, meaning that you are encapsulating an XmlDocument (instead of a String) inside the XML Body.

You can change the line msg.Body=xmlDoc; to msg.Body=xmlDoc.InnerXml; this will convert the contents of the cmlDoc into a String, which should then be read by the RcXML.Load instruction that you have after receiving the message.

Monday, September 03, 2012 3:00 PM