none
unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

General discussion

•  

I have an application written using Visual studio 2005 (in VB.Net). When I run it on any machine I get "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application” and this same application successfully some other PCs

And these following processes I have already done:

1. Repair and reinstall .net framework2.0
    2. I also rebuild my application setup.
    3. Scan my PC with antivirus and install new updated antivirus
    4. Change the machine.config
    5. Remove all dlls from my project so I ensure it no referential problem.
    6. I have format my pc and reinstall dotnet framwork2.0 and my project.

So if any one has solution excluding the above then plz give me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:10 PM

All replies

• I need to know whether the offending computer can run any .NET2.0 application. If it can't run any. NET2.0 applications, I recommend that you see this thread by my friend Chen Feng about how to handle this issue.

To fix the this issue, please try the following steps:

1.       Download the .NET Framework cleanup tool and choose to clean up the version of the .NET Framework that is causing problems on your system

2.       Download and install the version of the .NET Framework that you cleaned up in step 1 (such as the .NET Framework 1.0, .NET Framework 1.1 or .NET Framework 2.0)

3.       (optional) Download and run the .NET Framework verification tool to double-check that all .NET Framework files are correctly installed

4.       Download and install the desired .NET Framework service pack (such as .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 or .NET Framework 1.1 SP1) by running the setup package directly instead of using Windows Update.  Running it directly will allow the service pack setup to display error dialogs instead of having Windows Update suppress them.

For more details, please visit What to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:28 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post  window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions. Thank you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:32 AM
  • I have also face the same problem. I have run executable file stored in Debug folder instead of Release folder . I have solved these query through these method only. But when i Restart the system i again get occurs.

Please help me in these regard

Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:54 AM
  • t y for helpful advice . with your help i solved the NET frame problem !

and again thanks allot

Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:52 PM
  • hey link for cleanup tool is not working,plz help
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Bravo, Visar.

armendi

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:47 AM