none
Binding Relative Source in code Behind

Question

• Hi all,

I create a custom DP in usercontrol, how can i binding it in code behind using Relative Source? In MSDN i cannot find any example about binding Ralatice source in code behind.

Thanks

Saturday, April 09, 2011 5:57 AM

Answers

• You can create the binding, then set its RelativeSource property.  It's just like creating a normal binding, and adding that.

The options for the different sources (ie: AncestorType/Level/etc) are part of the RelativeSource class.  There is a C# example here.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 6:14 AM
  • Hi hungdoan,

You use RelativeSourceMode.Self mode in your code, which makes MyLable bind to itself.

Change the mode to FindAncestor to fix the problem.

Binding b = new Binding();

b.RelativeSource = new RelativeSource(RelativeSourceMode.FindAncestor,this.GetType(),1);

b.Path = new PropertyPath("MyDP");

MyLable.SetBinding(ContentProperty, b);

If you still have any questions or concerns about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by hungdoan Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:33 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:26 AM

All replies

• You can create the binding, then set its RelativeSource property.  It's just like creating a normal binding, and adding that.

The options for the different sources (ie: AncestorType/Level/etc) are part of the RelativeSource class.  There is a C# example here.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 6:14 AM
  • I create one custom control named ControlDisplay() inluding one custom dp named MyDP and bind it to MyLable content. However when i changed MyDP, the MyLable not update. Here are my code:

public ControlDisplay()

{

this.InitializeComponent();

b.RelativeSource = new RelativeSource(RelativeSourceMode.Self);

}

If i bind using XAML, everything's fine. How can i do it in code behind? 

• Proposed as answer by Drew Hudec Friday, July 12, 2013 1:40 PM
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 7:55 AM
  • Hi hungdoan,

You use RelativeSourceMode.Self mode in your code, which makes MyLable bind to itself.

Change the mode to FindAncestor to fix the problem.

b.RelativeSource = new RelativeSource(RelativeSourceMode.FindAncestor,this.GetType(),1);

If you still have any questions or concerns about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by hungdoan Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:33 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:26 AM
  • thank you very much

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:34 AM