none
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."

Question

• Hi, I have a problem while building a solution with VS 2008 Pro:

24>------ Rebuild All started: Project: PRE_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

24>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'PRE_BUILD', configuration 'Debug|Win32'

24>Performing Pre-Build Event...

24>Impossibile trovare il percorso di rete.

24>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."

24>Build log was saved at "file://C:\SVN\trunk\cmi\_temp\Win32\Debug\PRE_BUILD\BuildLog.htm"

24>PRE_BUILD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

can be related to the fact that the code is inside a directory called SVN? maybe is it no well pulled from SVN?

how can I check this and how can I fix?

Friday, April 23, 2010 8:41 AM

Answers

• Go through C:\SVN\trunk\cmi\_temp\Win32\Debug\PRE_BUILD\BuildLog.htm and look into the lines pertaining to the Pre-Build Event. If you are unable to figure out what went wrong, copy-paste the line for me and I can take a look.
    Renin John Visual C++ Project & Build Team
    Friday, April 23, 2010 6:50 PM

All replies

• Go through C:\SVN\trunk\cmi\_temp\Win32\Debug\PRE_BUILD\BuildLog.htm and look into the lines pertaining to the Pre-Build Event. If you are unable to figure out what went wrong, copy-paste the line for me and I can take a look.
    Renin John Visual C++ Project & Build Team
    Friday, April 23, 2010 6:50 PM
  • HI,i was facing with a similar problem..

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."

the below one is from degug\buildlog.htm

Output Window

Performing Pre-Build Event...
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
    Compiling...
    StdAfx.cpp
     WINVER not defined. Defaulting to 0x0600 (Windows Vista)
    Compiling...
    StreamingStatus_i.c
    Compiling...
    HyperLink.cpp
    ListCtrlDemo.cpp
    ListCtrlDemoDlg.cpp
    please help me in soting this...

jyothiapu
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:56 AM
  • "WINVER not defined. Defaulting to 0x0600 (Windows Vista)" is only a warning, not an error.  There must be something else which is causing your Pre-build Event to fail - look further down your build log.

This warning is easily disposed of, however, by providing an appropriate value for WINVER.  See Modifying WINVER and _WIN32_WINNT for more information.

Answering policy: see profile.
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:03 AM
  • hi i; have same error on this

1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."

and my log:

http://pcbazz.ir/up/BuildLog.htm

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:44 PM