none
how to remove my app from startup ?

Question

• Hi friends Im using vb2005 an am BEGINNER in programming and I need to no how to remove my app from startup programs I use this code to add my app to startup programs so how to remove it?
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Oman,

Providing you code for you.

Private Sub AddCurrentKey(ByVal name As String, ByVal path As String) ' Adds to startup
            Dim key As RegistryKey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", True)
            key.SetValue(name, path)
    End Sub

Private Sub RemoveCurrentKey(ByVal name As String) ' Removes from startup
            Dim key As RegistryKey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", True)
            key.DeleteValue(name, False)
    End Sub

To add the key:
    AddCurrentKey("StartupExample", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly.Location)

To remove the key:
    RemoveCurrentKey("StartupExample")

Hope you will find this information helpful

Regards,

Umisha

Source Code-World

• Marked as answer by config2002 Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:40 PM
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Oman,

Providing you code for you.

Private Sub AddCurrentKey(ByVal name As String, ByVal path As String) ' Adds to startup
            key.SetValue(name, path)
    End Sub

Private Sub RemoveCurrentKey(ByVal name As String) ' Removes from startup
            key.DeleteValue(name, False)
    End Sub

To add the key:
    AddCurrentKey("StartupExample", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly.Location)

To remove the key:
    RemoveCurrentKey("StartupExample")

Hope you will find this information helpful

Regards,

Umisha

Source Code-World

• Marked as answer by config2002 Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:40 PM
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:18 AM
  • thanks Umisha

key.DeleteValue(<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline">name</span></strong>, False)

name  in this code shall I leave it as it or replace it with my app's name?

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Did you put anything in the registry to start with? If you just put it in the startup folder, just delete it.

Sorry if my English is poor, it's not my first language. :) Programming FTW! Samuel
    Useful links:
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:07 AM
  • thanks Umisha

the whole code

General

Imports Microsoft.Win32 

Code:- To Add Key

Dim Path As String = Application.StartupPath & "\Application's name.exe"

Dim key As RegistryKey

key = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", True)

key.SetValue(Name,Path)

Code:- To Remove Key

Dim key As RegistryKey

key = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", True)

key.DeleteValue(Name, False)

=================================================================================================

Ex:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles 

Button1.Click

Dim s As String = Application.StartupPath & "\Aiv.exe"

Dim key As RegistryKey

key.SetValue(Name, s)

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles 

Button2.Click

Dim key As RegistryKey

key.DeleteValue(Name, False)

End Sub

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:39 PM