none
WDTFInstall: Failed to install IOSPY filter driver: 5

Question

• I am trying to develop some test cases such as PNP, SurpriseRemove etc using the WDTF. But while i am installing the WDTF runtime libraries, i met with an error and the installation rolls back after that.

The error is: WDTFInstall: Failed to install IOSPY filter driver: 5.

I didn't find any reason for this error, pls suggest me with something so that i can install the WDTF runtime libraries.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can install and remove IoSpy using the Penetration Tests (Device Fundamentals) tests, Enable I/O Spy and Disable I/O Spy. The DQ parameter controls which devices the IoSpy filter driver is installed on. IoSpy records the details about the IOCTL and WMI requests within the IoSpy Data File, which is used by IoAttack to perform the fuzz tests.

Himanshu Mehta

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

Pls. refer this link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh831856(v=vs.85).aspx

Himanshu Mehta

• Proposed as answer by hcmehta Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:06 AM
    Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:06 AM
  • hi, Himanshu

Thanks for tour reply. But i didn't know, "how to run that penetration test?" Will you pls tell me that.

And from the link that u hv given, i have tried to install it through command prompt as it is told there, but it generates the error "ERROR already installed, pls un-install before re-installing."

But it was not install on my system. i don't know y it is generating this error.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

How to uninstall the WDTF runtime library

When you set up a test computer for deployment, following the instructions Configuring a Computer for Testing and Debugging, the WDTF runtime library is installed on the target computer.
    You can remove the WDTF runtime library by removing provisioning from the target computer. For more information, see "Removing provisioning from the target computer" under Configuring a Computer for Testing and Debugging.

You can also uninstall the WDTF runtime library manually.

Manually uninstalling WDTF on a test computer
    On the test computer, go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
    Locate the Windows Driver Testing Framework (WDTF) Runtime Libraries and right click (Uninstall)).

Himanshu Mehta

• Proposed as answer by hcmehta Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

WDTF runtime library was not installed on my system. I have checked it in Control Panel. Yet it is generating that error, i dont know y...

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Hi,

You can also uninstall the WDTF runtime library manually.

Manually uninstalling WDTF on a test computer
    On the test computer, go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
    Locate the Windows Driver Testing Framework (WDTF) Runtime Libraries and right click (Uninstall)).

Himanshu Mehta

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Hi, 

It is not there, I have told in the previous post that it is not installed. it was not there

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Hi Navin,

As far as I know that in order to get WDTF runtime library you need to install Windows Driver Kit (WDK). And can you find the Windows Driver Kit in your Control Panel?

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:32 AM
  • hi,

Yeah i have installed the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) and it is there in myContol Panel.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:42 AM