none
Where do I get System.ServiceModel 3.0.0.0?

Question

• Hi,

OK, so I followed the installation instructions to a tea and am able to define a service in VS. However, when I try and add a reference to the service from a client, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I looked in my GAC and I see only version 2.0.0.0 of this assembly. What's going on here?

Thanks,
    Kent

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Which versions of SDK and runtime did you install? seems like incompatible CTP versions. (or a code ported from another computer, with newer version installed)
    Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:55 AM
  • I guess something in the installation process got wrong.

Make sure you follow Madhu's installation information.

You can find them here.

Guy

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/bursteg/

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:04 AM
  • The WinFX January CTP (and probably earlier versions as well) were versioned 2.0.0.0. Starting with the February CTP, the WinFX classes were bumped up to 3.0.0.0.

Are you writing your own code from scratch or using a sample that might have been built with a newer CTP?

Could you have installed an SDK version that's newer than the runtime components you have?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:51 AM