none
Requested Registry Access Not Allowed in visual studio 2010 Profession

Question

• Windows 7 Ultimate

Installed VS 2010 professional.  Cannot create new project in any dvelopment environment. got the error

"Requested Registry Access Not Allowed "

Change registry and got c# to work. 

Installed Windows Phone 7 development tools.  Got the same message again

this seem to be a bug that has been reported throughout several version of visual studio.  why is it not fixed yet.. What do I need to do here beside the hack using subinacl.exe. 

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hi mizunos,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description, this issue is related with permission. Please check the following suggestions.

1.       To elevator your user account has Full Control to access the registry. Please check this article.

2.       If it doesn’t work, could you please try to disable UAC and try it again?

If you have any findings, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:53 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi mizunos,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description, this issue is related with permission. Please check the following suggestions.

1.       To elevator your user account has Full Control to access the registry. Please check this article.

2.       If it doesn’t work, could you please try to disable UAC and try it again?

If you have any findings, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:53 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]

Monday, February 21, 2011 2:21 AM
  • I use the manual provided before I post on the forum.  Fix it once but it is a problem with pretty much all the projects. 

So I have to do somthing more automated hence the batch script with subinacl.exe

I fix all the project template problemusing  subacl to change the permission for anything Visualstudio*. Then I downloaded Azure SDK for vs 2010 to do web service development for Windows Phone 7

I get passed the first screen for the cloud programming project template then when I have to specify the service role choosing WCFWebservice role, I got the same message again... Arghhh!!!!

Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:02 PM