none
Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gl\glaux.h': No such file or directory

Question

• Hi guys, new to these forums so my apologies if this question has been posted in the wrong section!

I haven't programmed in a while and I'm attempting to create an OpenGL 3D scene for the first time in a few months.
    Previously, I had been using computers in my University running Visual Studio 2005, but the version I have on my home PC is 2008. When I attempt to build any programs I get this error:

"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gl\glaux.h': No such file or directory"

I had a little look online beforehand, and most people seem to say that the glaux.h/glaux.lib features were removed for the 2008 edition. Is this true?
    Regardless, I need to find some way around this problem, so if there are any other header/library files that resolve this error please let me know!
    Also, if possible, could you break any steps that need to be taken down into a very basic form as like I said, I'm not the most competent programmer.

Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:24 PM

Answers

• They were removed because they were deprecated with the release of the Windows Vista SDK.

For now I suggest you use glut and completely get rid of any dependency on glaux.

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:38 PM

All replies

• They were removed because they were deprecated with the release of the Windows Vista SDK.

For now I suggest you use glut and completely get rid of any dependency on glaux.

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:38 PM
  • This answer sucks.
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:52 AM