none
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Question

• I am working on a mulitple project solution in .Net 2003 whcih contains a mixture of C++ and C# code, either DLLs or LIBs. The main dll called is a mixture of unmanaged and managed code, managed code was added due to the addition of the C# code. I have a test application that calls this dll to run tests, surprise that! If I compile the test application, which is a VB.Net application, to the same directory as where all the DLLs and LIBs are built to all works fine. However, if the test application is built to a different folder I get the following error when I run the application:

Run Time error '-2147024894(80070002)'

File pr assembly name Blah.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

I I use DependencyWalker on Blah.dll the C:\Windows\system32\MPR.dll is marked in red. Error message displayed is

"Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module."

Function name marked in red is WNetRestoreConnectionA.

Does anyone have any ideas why this error is occuring if the Application is built to a different folder to the DLL? Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem bar the obvious of having the application run in the same location as the DLLs?

Monday, July 03, 2006 2:49 PM

Answers

• This Dependency Walker warning shows up on any modern Windows .EXE or .DLL, ignore it.  Just copy the Blah.dll assembly into the "different folder".

Monday, July 03, 2006 3:19 PM

All replies

• This Dependency Walker warning shows up on any modern Windows .EXE or .DLL, ignore it.  Just copy the Blah.dll assembly into the "different folder".

Monday, July 03, 2006 3:19 PM
  • Hi nobugz, thanks for that. The set up we have here is to locally install the dlls to a PC and then run the applications from the network, so unfortunately we cannot have both the dlls and the exe residing in the same folder.

Can you think of any other suggestions to resolve the issue?

From previous threads I know that this warning can be ignored, but why is the MPR.DLL referenced without sepcifically doing so? Is it used by managed code compilation?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:00 PM
  • That might not be the most effective setup strategy for .NET apps.  Your only other option is to install the DLL in the GAC with Gacutil.exe.  Consult the MSDN library for its usage.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:21 PM
  • I get the same message.  I am trying to resolve a macromedia flash player 9 installation issue.  Since Adobe does not have this issue resolved yet.  I can not see any swf file.  I have not come across a forum that could help me.  I am not sure how I got this forum...I think it was because another forum told me to use FlashRepair.exe but I kept getting this error message:

[Windows Script Host X]
    Script: C:\DOCUME~1\QUEENC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX0\RepairFlash.vbs
    Line: 12
    Char: 1
    Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
    Code: 80041002
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

So I did a search on this message and found this address:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/194801

And I decided to open FlashRepair.exe with it and this is this message I received:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

So I am just stuck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:18 AM
  • I get the same message.  I am trying to resolve a macromedia flash player 9 installation issue.  Since Adobe does not have this issue resolved yet.  I can not see any swf file.  I have not come across a forum that could help me.  I am not sure how I got this forum...I think it was because another forum told me to use FlashRepair.exe but I kept getting this error message:

[Windows Script Host X]

And I decided to open FlashRepair.exe with it and this is this message I received:

So I am just stuck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:18 AM

[Windows Script Host X]

So I am just stuck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:19 AM

[Windows Script Host X]

So I am just stuck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:20 AM