none
adding application shortcut to desktop context menu

Question

• hi

i want to add my exe shortcut on desktop right click how can i do this.....

Thanks

Shival Thakur

Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:22 AM

Answers

• In Windows XP and earlier I managed to put a few link's in the "Send to" folder of windows. So I could Send files directly to a incomming folder that was deep within my MyFiles Folder. Or a link to userprofile/desktop to send files to the desktop instead of just links. (Noet that not everything in the SendTo Context Menu was also present in the SentTo Folder. Explorer build it from more sources than just the Filesystem).

Unfortunately I have not found out how to do the same in Windows Vista, 7 or 8.

I think the more correct question would be "how to add menu items to Windows Explorer Context Menu". Putting that into google I found this article. It involves adding values to the registery:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10104/Add-a-context-menu-to-the-Windows-Explorer

Note that all applications, like webbrowsers, have thier own context menu's and thier own way to add stuff.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:20 PM

All replies

1. In your Deployment Project go to File System Editor
    2. Click on "Application Folder" (I assume you have "Primary Output" from your projects there)
    3. Right click on "Primary Output" of the project you want to target with your shortcut - select "Create Shortcut to Primary Output ..."
    4. Rename shortcut
    5. Drag shortcut to Desktop / Programs Menu folder

Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:25 AM
  • In Windows XP and earlier I managed to put a few link's in the "Send to" folder of windows. So I could Send files directly to a incomming folder that was deep within my MyFiles Folder. Or a link to userprofile/desktop to send files to the desktop instead of just links. (Noet that not everything in the SendTo Context Menu was also present in the SentTo Folder. Explorer build it from more sources than just the Filesystem).

Unfortunately I have not found out how to do the same in Windows Vista, 7 or 8.

I think the more correct question would be "how to add menu items to Windows Explorer Context Menu". Putting that into google I found this article. It involves adding values to the registery:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10104/Add-a-context-menu-to-the-Windows-Explorer

Note that all applications, like webbrowsers, have thier own context menu's and thier own way to add stuff.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:20 PM