none
AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher

Question

• Hello,

I got an error of TFS build controller, could you please help me to fix the problem? thanks.

last week my build machine was crashed. So I have to reinstall operationg system(windows XP SP3) after install the operating system and configurate it, I got error below:

"The message with To 'http://hostname:9191/Build/v3.0/Services/controller/2' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's EndpointAddresses agree."

it seems there is one controller has been register, the new controller cannot be connected. could you please let me know how can I fix the problem,

thanks much.

Ngcc

Monday, May 07, 2012 3:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your reply.

On build agent machine, try to clean the Cache folder under that path “C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\...\...\3.0\Cache”. After cleaned, on Server machine, click Start and select Run… to open the dialog box, then input iisreset.exe and click OK, wait it run completely.

Then queue the build definition again.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Ngcc Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:58 AM

All replies

• anyone can help me for this?

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 1:41 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your post.

For this issue, please try the solution in this article: http://www.ewaldhofman.nl/post/2010/08/29/Unable-to-start-the-build-controller.aspx.   

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:05 AM
  • Hello John,

I tried this solution and other method from intenet, it still cannot fix my problem.

Actually it works for me at begining of last week, the only change is I reinstall the operating system of build machine so that I cannot configure it successfully. do you have any ideas?

Thanks much,

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:12 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your post.

You reinstalled the Build Service machine or build agent machine?

If you reinstalled the Build Service machine, I suggest you remove the Build Service from the this machine, then reinstall and configure it for your TFS 2010.   

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:15 AM
  • Hello John,

Thanks much for your reply.

That is my problem, my build server was crashed.  I cannot unistall it first. What I did is only reinstall the TFS build services in that PC, the build controller and agent is the same than before. I just tried uninstall TFS build server and reinsall agian, it seem cannot fix the problem?

Could you please let me know how can I remove it with another way. or any other methed I can try. I am struggling with this problem.

bunch thanks,

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:28 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your post.

Your TFS 2010 Server and Build Service installed on the same PC?

On that Build Service PC, go to Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>select TFS and right-click Uninstall/Change, then in the TFS 2010 Setup-Maintenance Page, select Add or Remove Features, in the next page, only click the Team Foundation Build Service feature and remove it from that PC.

After remove correctly, then try to install TFS 2010>>select install the Team Foundation Build Service, and then reconfigure it in the TFS 2010 Admin Console.     

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:37 AM
  • hello John,

TFS 2010 server are installed into windows 2008 server and TFS build server are insalled in windows XP SP3. I only reinstall OS for windows XP SP3. The TFS2010 server still in windows 2008, there is no problem for this. shall i need do some change for TFS 2010 server?

thanks

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your reply.

As your TFS 2010 Server installed on another machine, you needn’t do any change on TFS 2010 Server. 

After you reinstalled the windows XP SP3 OS on that machine, I think you already reinstalled the new TFS Build Service on this windows XP SP3 machine, right or not?

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Hello John,

Yes, you are correct. The TFS Server in installed successfully. but I got error below while I test connection of build controller.

"The message with To 'http://hostname:9191/Build/v3.0/Services/controller/2' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's EndpointAddresses agree."

I do not know why I get those error. I only reinstall OS and reisntall build server. do you know  the reason?

thanks,

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your reply.

There’s no any error during Build Configuration Wizard when you reconfigure this Build Service with your TFS 2010 Collection? 

Build Service configured for TFSName\collectionName in TFS Admin Console>>Build Configuration panel?  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Hello Jhon,

see what I got. The build service can be configurated successfully. see below:

But the error for controller: the controller are unavailable

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:28 AM
  • Hello John,

could you please see screenshot below. I just restarted TFS 2010 server and reinstall TFS build server in xp. I got some information while i did configuration.

"Found 1 build controler" and 0 build agent on 2 machines"

Can you let me know the reason of er is running on 2 machines? How can I change this. I know the default agents is 4.

thanks,

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:12 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your reply.

Have you changed the PC name after you reinstalled the XP OS?

Before you reinstall the XP OS, you didn’t remove the Build Service first, so I think TFS 2010 still record the initial Build Service information in DB.

You can try to set the Local Build Service Endpoint to http://servername:9191/Build/v3.0/Services in Build Service Properties, then new build controller and test the connection. Or change the xp PC name, then reinstall and configure Build Service on this PC.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Hi John,

I just called our IT appartment, he said we cannot change the pc name. so I used your another method to new build controller. it still does not work. it said the build controller is offline.

As you said above, the build controller is recorded in database, can you let me know how can I remove the name from database?

thanks,

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi Ngcc,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that you set the set the Local Build Service Endpoint to http://servername:9191/Build/v3.0/Services in Build Service Properties(refer the solution in this article), then create the new Build Controller, it said the build controller is offline?

We usually don’t recommend to edit the TFS DB directly, it may cause unknow issue. If it is urgent issue, I suggest you to contact a Professional Support Service at http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=gp;en-us;offerprophone to gain more support on this case.  

Do you have another PC which can use to install the TFS Build Service?  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hello John,

Thanks much for your help. I finally fix the problem I sumbitted above.  I created a virtual PC and install the TFS build in there and did configuration to replace my old controllers and then I uninstall TFS build from virtual PC. now I can test connection of build controller now.

But I got another problem while did team build, see below: I never encounterred the problem before. do you have any idea, or is there any other people got the same problem like me.

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \***\***: The cache file C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Team Foundation\3.0\Cache\VersionControl.config is not valid and cannot be loaded. Please correct or delete the file.

thanks

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Hi Ngcc, 

Thanks for your reply.

On build agent machine, try to clean the Cache folder under that path “C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\...\...\3.0\Cache”. After cleaned, on Server machine, click Start and select Run… to open the dialog box, then input iisreset.exe and click OK, wait it run completely.

Then queue the build definition again.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Ngcc Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi John,

I appreciate much for your help today. I finally fix all problem of TFS build, it come back.

thanks again.

Ngcc

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:51 AM