none
Update TFS_Warehouse problem

Question

• Hello,

After the upgrade from tfs2008 to tfs2010, there were problems with the update tfs_warehouse db. 

If I get the processing status of the TFS Warehouse I always see that job "Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sons" has the status of "DataChange" and the work of "Full Analysis Database Sync" continuously fails with error TF276000.

Please help me out

Thanks

• Edited by VyacheslavK Monday, October 11, 2010 6:31 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:43 AM

All replies

• The last Result message

"TF221107: Reporting for Team Foundation Server cannot execute job Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync for team project collection Prognoz because the warehouse is offline."

indicates that your warehouse database is offline,have you verfied that the tfs_warehouse is online ?

(After an upgrade you should have 2 TFS databases, with slightly different names, TFSWareHouse and TFS_Warehouse. The new 2010 warehouse databse can be recognised by the fact that all tablenames begisn with either DIM or FACT

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Hi Mattias,

thanks for the response.

TFS_Wharehouse database and analysis database TFS_Analysis are online. I can connect to them through Management Studio.

Why the “Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync” does not end, and has run for a whole day?

(The TFS_Warehouse has a tables that begins with either DIM or FACT and tables such as _DimAreaOverlay, _DimIterationOverlay, _WarehouseTimeOffsets, etc.)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Have you tried the Administrative Report Pack for TFS 2010 ? If not it might help getting a better view of whats going on. You will find it at Grants post http://blogs.msdn.com/b/granth/archive/2010/07/12/administrative-report-pack-for-team-foundation-server-2010.aspx

The WIT sync running for a day could simply be a missed update in jobstatus, at least according to the TFS Warehouse monitoring FAQ (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/granth/archive/2010/07/12/monitoring-the-tfs-data-warehouse-faq.aspx )

It looks strange that you have both an ofline db message and a long runnign process, have you checked the eventlog for the time around 2010-08-24T15:17:01.597 ?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Mattias,

thank you for your advice.

The database was in the offline, during the previous run. it is now online

Very strange, but the "Cube Status" report from Administrative Report Pack does not have "WIT sync"

Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:13 AM
  • Oh sorry, I was to lazy to typoe out the Work Item Trackinc Warehouse Sync, so I shortened it to WIT Sync.

You should be able to find it under Warehouse Job status table.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

Is this issue fixed now?

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Monday, August 30, 2010 5:42 AM
  • This issue doesn't fixed. Job "Work Item Trackin Warehouse Syc" is constantly run. And I have message in EventLog:

TF221123: Job Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync for team project collection DefaultCollection was was unable to run after 20 attempts.

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:21 AM
  • Hi,

>>>[Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync]: ---> TF221107: Reporting for Team Foundation Server cannot execute job Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync for team project collection Prognoz because the warehouse is offline. Use the Team Foundation Administration Console to start reporting

Do you enable Reporting? Open TFS Administration Console=>App Tier=>Reporting=>Start Jobs or Edit to enable Reporting

If this does not help, you can try to rebuild the warehouse

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

How is this issue now

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    Friday, September 03, 2010 5:14 AM
  • How do you resolve this? 

We have the same problem.

Error: 

Detailed Message: TF221123: Job Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync for team project collection DefaultCollection was was unable to run after 20 attempts.

Brandon Davis
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:07 AM
  • We have the same problem.

>[Work Item Tracking Warehouse Sync]: ---> TF221107

How do you resolve this?

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Also getting same issue. Only just suddenly started happening. Been running fine for months!

ISEB Foundation Software Testing | ISEB Intermediate Software Testing | Introduction to Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 | One half of a Test Team in the Company I work for | Learning on the go | Keen to increase Software Quality

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:13 AM
  • I saw one of the blog saying if someone messes with the WITs (witadmin cmd) to change/remove fields from the workitems templates, TFS can't / may stop processing Analysis cube/warehouse. someone posted a SQL query that finds what all bad workitem records are... and how to delete them (at your own risk).

Other than that, WHY don't easily rebuild TFS_Warehouse and TFS_Analysis from scratch !!

Do you have the procedure to do that? I have it.

Also, sometimes, when you do "getprocessingstatus" option for warehouse...asmx page, you see something is running all the time, in that case you can stop that particular job (jobservice.aspx)

Arun Sangal Software Configuration Management Denver USA

Saturday, March 03, 2012 1:19 AM