none
Get an Error Code 0x800736cc

Question

• I'm using the Evaluation copy of Windows 8, I had to reinstall the program this weekend and now when I'm trying to run my mail program, I get the code for WindowsLive Mail program.  The program says that I need .NET framework 3.5, which then gives me the error.  Didn't have this issue before this weekend. 

What's up and how do we get this fixed?  Thank you in advance.

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Radio66441,

Windows 8 is  in Consumer Preview Version. So there is lots of Problems/ Bug you can find.

you can try to windows Update may be some bug is solved.

Regards

Kayden

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:37 PM
  • Were you not prompted to allow Windows Update to install .NET 3.5 for you?

That is the normal behavior in the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

What error did you get, and did it occur during installation of .NET 3.5 via Windows Update?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hi Radio66441,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please have a look at this page?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

The .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 8 Consumer Preview. To run applications that require the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 Consumer Preview, you must enable version 3.5 on your computer.

It you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:12 AM
  • I have the same problem, I tried install Framework 3.5 from microsoft.com, activate it from Program and Features. Nothing help!

I have an error " A component's file does not match theverification information present in component manifest"

Error number 0x800736CC.

I absolutely need it to control brightness on Sony Vaio P.

Please help.

• Edited by Silverlik Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:15 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:04 PM
  • Hi Silverlik,

Could you please open a new thread with your error as a title. That will help other members easy to google this issue. 

From your description, the error number 0x800736CC is " ERROR_SXS_FILE_HASH_MISMATCH" which means your system is corrupt.

Since Win 8 is still a beta version. I suggest you try re-install the OS to solve your issue.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:34 AM