none
How do I connect Microsoft Dexterity to Online TFS (VisualStudio.com)

Question

• I am a Microsoft Dexterity developer who normally uses Visual Source Safe to keep my codes.

Now, I need to use online TFS (VisualStudio.com). I need to know if it is possible to connect Microsoft Dexterity projects to the online TFS (VisualStudio.com). If it is, I would appreciate any help you can share.

By the way, I've already tried setting up my dexterity project to connect in my local TFS and was successful. But unsuccessful when I tried to connect to the online TFS.

Monday, July 01, 2013 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Eizenblitz,

Thanks for your post.

What's the detailed message(error/warning) you received when you tried setting up your dexterity project connect to TFS Service?

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Hi John,

I receive this message: "Connection was refused by the server." when I click the "Validate Connection" button.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:09 AM
  • Hi Eizenblitz, 

Thanks for your reply.

Where you download your Dexterity? I will install it and test this connection.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi John,

Microsoft Dexterity is a proprietary tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you do have access in the Partnersource or MSDN, you should be able to download this tool. You will also find installation guidelines from the said source sites.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Just let me know if you need any assistance in installing the tool.

Sincerely,

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Hi Eizenblitz, 

Thanks for your reply.

You’re using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013?

I’m installing the Dexterity for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 to test this scenario.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi John, Yes I am using GP 2013. Thank you so much for the assistance. Sincerely,
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:52 PM
  • Hi Eizenblitz,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Appreciate your patience.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Has there been any resolution to this as I am experiencing the same issues?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Has there been any update on this?
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:37 PM