none
How to set Me.DisplayName to change the Screen Name tab text?

Question

• I read on the forum that is should be possible:

If I manually set the display name I can do that (Me.DisplayName="Updated Name"), it works, using IPropertyNotifyChanged.

In debug mode I see that the Empty (Me.DisplayName = "").

Can you help me with the exact way to code this in VB? 

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:59 AM

Answers

• It would have been helpful to have included a link to the post that you're referring to. I don't understand what you need, you already have the VB code to change the tab's Display Name.
    Me.DisplayName="Updated Name"

You'd put this in the screen's InitializeDataWorkspace method.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

If you find a reply helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful", if a reply answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer"

By doing this you'll help people find answers faster.
    • Marked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:35 AM

All replies

• It would have been helpful to have included a link to the post that you're referring to. I don't understand what you need, you already have the VB code to change the tab's Display Name.
    Me.DisplayName="Updated Name"

You'd put this in the screen's InitializeDataWorkspace method.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

If you find a reply helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful", if a reply answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer"

• Marked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by RientsNL Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Sorry it isn't working becouse I use the MinimalShell! In the standard shell it works fine.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Sorry it isn't working becouse I use the MinimalShell! In the standard shell it works fine.

Thanks!

Unfortunately Microsoft does not share the source code to the Default Shell so I am unable to determine how they are able to allow you to dynamically alter the name of the tab :(

When I created the Minimal Shell I fixed a number of issues to make sure that it works under normal circumstances.

However, it was not tested for programmatic manipulation.

Make Them Ask: That's a LightSwitch App?

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:49 AM
  • Where are you trying to use that line of code? In the screen's InitializeDataWorkspace method? Or in the screen's Created method? Or somewhere else?

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:32 AM