none
Force Keypress

Question

• hello, can anyone help, i am trying to invoke(if that is the right term) a keyup control from another sub, i have tried :

TextUnitSerialNumber_Keyup(Keys.Return, e)

but this just throws up an error, i know that i could enclose the code from the keyup control in a function and call the function but i didn't want to create more lines of code unessesarily.

any clues?

Thanks in advance!!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• I don't understand what you mean by trying to invoke a keyup control in another sub.

For example if I have a textbox and I have a Handles TextBox1.KeyUp then what are you attempting to do with it? Invoke a keypress to fire it?

This is an example of invoking a keypress to fire the TextBox1.KeyUp event I suppose.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyUp(sender As Object, e As KeyEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyUp
            If e.KeyData Then
                Me.Text = "KeyStroke occured"
            End If
        End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            TextBox1.Focus()
            SendKeys.Send("A")
        End Sub
    End Class

You've taught me everything I know but not everything you know.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:06 PM
  • TextUnitSerialNumber_Keyup(Me, New KeyEventArgs(Keys.Return))

• Marked as answer by The Mexican Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:17 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Thanks alot Crazypennie! I  was close but the cigar goes to you!

Thanks also to you Mr Monkeyboy, I needed to fire it from multiple functions without waiting for a keypress.

Thanks again

The Mexican

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:17 PM