none
How to delete a workspace from TF server

Question

• Hi,

I can't unlock a particular folder in the TF server because it is locked when I was still using my old workspace name (oldName). When I reformatted my PC and I changed the workspace name to newName, I cannot unlock the locked folder in the TF server.

Whenever I attempted to check out a file inside the locked folder (using my new workspace name) results in the following error:

"The item $/.../lockedFolder is locked for check-out by [username] in workspace [oldName]"

I tried this command according to this site: http://www.woodwardweb.com/vsts/unlocking_files.html

tf workspace /delete /server:myTFServer workspacename;oldname

or

tf workspace /delete /server:myTFServer workspacename;domainname/oldname

This results to this error:

TF14045: The identity DOMAINNAME\oldname is not a recognized identity

Any suggestions?

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:40 AM

Answers

• I got it!

Deleting the workspace name in the workspace dropdown list box in the Source Control Explorer tab solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by YosefMSS Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:42 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:42 AM

All replies

• I got it!

Deleting the workspace name in the workspace dropdown list box in the Source Control Explorer tab solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by YosefMSS Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:42 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:42 AM
  • Hi YosefMSS,

Thanks for your post.

And thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

All your participation and support are very important to build such harmonious/ pleasant / learning environment for MSDN community.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 01, 2011 4:05 AM