none
Autodocs Error: Extension element 'autodocsBehaviorExtension' cannot be added to this element.

Question

• Hi, 

I have been looking for a solution to this problem without much luck. I am adding a extensions to my web.config as described there: http://autodocs.codeplex.com/  but got the following error: 

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for system.serviceModel/behaviors: Extension element 'autodocsBehaviorExtension' cannot be added to this element.  Verify that the extension is registered in the extension collection at system.serviceModel/extensions/behaviorExtensions.

Parameter name: element

Am I missing a reference?  I have tried to GAC the Autodocs assembly but still no luck. What could explain this problem?  

Thank you, 

-- 

jag

Here is an extract of my web.config:

<extensions>

<behaviorExtensions>

<add name="autodocsBehaviorExtension" type="Autodocs.ServiceModel.Web.AutodocsBehaviorExtension,Autodocs.ServiceModel.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ad2dc2e36787b789"/>

</behaviorExtensions>

</extensions>

<!--For debugging purposes set the includeExceptionDetailInFaults attribute to true-->

<behaviors>

<serviceBehaviors>

<behavior name="defaultBehavior">

<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />

<serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />

</behavior>

</serviceBehaviors>

<endpointBehaviors>

<behavior name="restBehavior">

<webHttp/>

<autodocsBehaviorExtension/> <!-- this is the error -->

</behavior>