none
C++ error information (Cannot find or open the PDB file)

Question

• I'm using visual C++. But even for a simple program like "hello world", I would get message like "Cannot find or open the PDB file" when I tried to debug it. I'm a beginner. I searched the web, there are some similar post. I tried a couple, however, none of them help me to solve the problem. Is anyone can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Jianwei\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\fibonacci\Debug\fibonacci.exe', Symbols loaded.

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sspicli.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winspool.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mpr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'fibonacci.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

The program '[5928] fibonacci.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• I know, it is stupid to ask but just to check - Did you build it debug mode?
    Anand
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:12 AM
  • There is a green speed button (or using F5), I just pressed and debug. I'm really a beginner.

Friday, September 24, 2010 12:30 AM
  • I have a product on my site with that name.

Are you using the IDE and a project for the program? If you use the project then the settings will be setup for you properly.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++ I have lots of papers on my site for power supplies and video card problems, see the resources section
    I think that I'm using a project.
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:31 AM
  • Friday, September 24, 2010 12:45 AM
  •  

Hi,

Would you please show more information, for example the version of Visual studio and your windows,.

Did you create a project through wizard? Which project you create.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:14 AM
  •  

Hi,

Would you please show more information, for example the version of Visual studio and your windows,.

Did you create a project through wizard? Which project you create.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.

Thank you for reply. I didn't have a chance to check the hotmail email box... anyway, I'm using Microsoft visual c++ 2010 express, which I downloaded from microsoft. I'm running it on my win7 machine (32 bits). I did created from wizard. And, those error kept showing up in the output when I press F5 (debugging). But the program runs well if I simply press Ctrl+F5. It not the project program b/c I just type a very simple code print " Hello world  ".

Thanks again.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:05 AM