none
Error 1060 = The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Question

• When trying to install NET Framwork 3.5, i get the error 1060, which is

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

How can i fix this?????

i'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit.

thanks.

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Robo,

Never mind. Now I could access your Public folder. Take it easy.

I found an error from your log files:

[01/21/09,11:44:38] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): C:\Windows\system32\WUSA.exe exited with return value 1060
    [01/21/09,11:44:38] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1060

This error happened when .Net Framework 3.5 tried to upgrade .Net Framework 2.0 to SP1. Wusa.exe is Windows Update Stand-alone Installer in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008. So your problem could be caused by Windows Update.
    For more information of Wusa.exe, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934307

Please make sure that Windows Update has been turned on. If not, please turn on it, install the latest updates from the Windows Update Site and try to reinstall .Net Framework 3.5.

If you still have any concern about your issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:33 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Robo,

Could you please try to help me to collect all the log files of .Net Framework 3.5 from your "%temp%" folder or use collect tool to collect the log files: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

Then compress them into a zip file and post a link back?

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .Net Framework 3.5
    - Collect all the latest log files or Collect Tool file logs from "%temp%" folder

Thank you for your help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:01 AM
  • Hey YiChun.

Thanks for responding. I am in quite a pickle here.

I have followed your instructions and made a .zip file of the errors using the link you gave me.

Just One thing. How do i post a link back for you to have them?

Sorry, im kinda new to this.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:18 AM
  • Hi Robo,

You could use use SkyDrive - Windows Live (http://skydrive.live.com/) to upload your zip file and post the link back.

Thanks
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:21 AM
  • Hey YiChun.

Here is the link, i used SkyDrive.

https://cid-1bcfd38a22df9ef6.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/vslogs.cab

Thanks a bunch.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Hi Robo,

When I linked the URL that you provide, it showed an error "That item seems to be missing". Then I checked Public folder of your SkyDrive. It is empty. Vslogs may not be well uploaded. Could you please help you to check it?

Thanks
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:44 AM
  • Hey YiChun.

Stupid me uploaded it into documents, so it was only accessible my me.

This is the .zip in Public, so you can access it.

http://cid-1bcfd38a22df9ef6.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/vslogs.cab

Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:49 AM
  • Hi Robo,

Never mind. Now I could access your Public folder. Take it easy.

I found an error from your log files:

[01/21/09,11:44:38] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): C:\Windows\system32\WUSA.exe exited with return value 1060
    [01/21/09,11:44:38] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1060

This error happened when .Net Framework 3.5 tried to upgrade .Net Framework 2.0 to SP1. Wusa.exe is Windows Update Stand-alone Installer in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008. So your problem could be caused by Windows Update.
    For more information of Wusa.exe, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934307

Please make sure that Windows Update has been turned on. If not, please turn on it, install the latest updates from the Windows Update Site and try to reinstall .Net Framework 3.5.

If you still have any concern about your issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:33 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 AM
  • Hi YiChun.

I tried what you said. but it came up with a new error. i think 1058. i then fixed that, and another error occurred. I'm just going to give up. Its a endless maze.

Thanks for your help though.

Robofish.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:13 AM
  • Hi Robo,

I'm willing to help you with your problem. If you need more help, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:36 AM
  • Hi

I am testing a windows installer I have made for one of my applications. I got the following error during uninstallation

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    MsiInstaller
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    11001
    Date:        7/25/2011
    Time:        4:36:16 PM
    User:       
    Computer:   
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product:  -- Error 1001. Error 1001. An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete. --> The specified service does not exist as an installed service, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL).
    Data:
    0000: 7b 31 37 43 45 36 35 42   {17CE65B
    0008: 32 2d 37 33 34 33 2d 34   2-7343-4
    0010: 43 32 38 2d 41 31 45 39   C28-A1E9
    0018: 2d 34 31 45 36 39 39 37   -41E6997
    0020: 37 46 45 41 44 7d         7FEAD} 

the scenario was

1. installed the application using VS 2008 setup project -- it installs a service also

2. stopped and deleted the service using 'sc delete servicename.exe' from command prompt

3. tried to uninstall the application from control panel

The RemovePreviousVersions option is True in my case. Is this a proper scenario or is the installer not designed to survive this kind of resilience testing?

Could anyone please guide me on solving this?

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:53 PM