none
Load test not executing the designed amount of tests designed in the test mix frequency of a PerUser PerHour test mix

Question

• I have a setup running the per user per hour test mix. When looking at the completed tests logs, it shows that the number of runs does not equal the designed amount of times I gave each query string below. For example, I have the 2 query strings below to run from 3 users 5 times in one hour. So it should run 15 times. The log sometimes shows greater than 15 runs, sometimes less. Is this a known issue in VS2008?

using System;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting;
    using System.Data.OracleClient;
    using System.Configuration;

namespace JLR_LoadTest
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Summary description for UnitTest1
        /// </summary>
        [TestClass]
        public class UnitTest1
        {
            public UnitTest1()
            {
                //
                // TODO: Add constructor logic here
                //
            }

private TestContext testContextInstance;

/// <summary>
            ///Gets or sets the test context which provides
            ///information about and functionality for the current test run.
            ///</summary>
            public TestContext TestContext
            {
                get
                {
                    return testContextInstance;
                }
                set
                {
                    testContextInstance = value;
                }
            }

#region Additional test attributes
            //
            // You can use the following additional attributes as you write your tests:
            //
            // Use ClassInitialize to run code before running the first test in the class
            // [ClassInitialize()]
            // public static void MyClassInitialize(TestContext testContext) { }
            //
            // Use ClassCleanup to run code after all tests in a class have run
            // [ClassCleanup()]
            // public static void MyClassCleanup() { }
            //
            // Use TestInitialize to run code before running each test
            // [TestInitialize()]
            // public void MyTestInitialize() { }
            //
            // Use TestCleanup to run code after each test has run
            // [TestCleanup()]
            // public void MyTestCleanup() { }
            //
            #endregion

[TestMethod]
            public void RatecardDetailDemos()
            {
                string sqlQry = "declare c sys_refcursor; begin rptctr.inf_dap_pkg.instantiate_open_subscription(-50,c); close c; end;";
                ConnectionStringSettings settings = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["GRDLoadConnStr"];
                OracleConnection connection = new OracleConnection(settings.ConnectionString);
                connection.Open();
                OracleCommand command = new OracleCommand(sqlQry, connection);
                command.ExecuteNonQuery();
                connection.Close();
                connection.Dispose();
            }

[TestMethod]
            public void RatecardDetailMeasure()
            {
                string sqlQry = "declare c sys_refcursor; begin rptctr.inf_dap_pkg.instantiate_open_subscription(-51,c); close c; end;";
                ConnectionStringSettings settings = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["GRDLoadConnStr"];
                OracleConnection connection = new OracleConnection(settings.ConnectionString);
                connection.Open();
                OracleCommand command = new OracleCommand(sqlQry, connection);
                command.ExecuteNonQuery();
                connection.Close();
                connection.Dispose();
            }

}

}

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Mikej411,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Actually I run the load test in VS2010, and I get the “Test Details” like the following screen shot.

I also try to run a simple load test with 3 users, set the Tests Per User Per Hour=5, and set the Run duration=1h, and I could get the Total Tests 15 times.

If possible, I suggest you add just the specific one test to the load test, and then run it with the same settings, and then check it again. I doubt that other tests impact this test. If possible, I suggest you run the similar test in the machine which has the latest VS Version (VS2010 or VS2012), and then check it again. So we could make sure that whether it has been resolved in the latest VS.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Mikej411,

Please open the load test result, and then click the Tables menu in the load test Editor, and then please select the “Test Details” under the drop-down list on the toolbar like this MSDN document, and then check whether some tests’ results (Outcome) are Aborted, as my understanding, we couldn’t make sure that one test has been finished unless it’s result is failed or passed.  You could try to check it.  Maybe you could share us the detailed steps to repro this issue, for example, how to set the Load test Wizard? How about adding a simple web test to the load test with the same settings?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:12 AM

• There is no "Test Details" under a drop down list. See the attached pictures. Look at the "Ratecard Detail Demos" test. Notice that the user count is 2 and the frequency to run for each user is 1. So this test should run twice within the hour. Now look at the Test Results attachment and see that it only ran once. I did not get any errors and the test completed.
    Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Hi Mikej411,

Actually I run the load test in VS2010, and I get the “Test Details” like the following screen shot.

I also try to run a simple load test with 3 users, set the Tests Per User Per Hour=5, and set the Run duration=1h, and I could get the Total Tests 15 times.

If possible, I suggest you add just the specific one test to the load test, and then run it with the same settings, and then check it again. I doubt that other tests impact this test. If possible, I suggest you run the similar test in the machine which has the latest VS Version (VS2010 or VS2012), and then check it again. So we could make sure that whether it has been resolved in the latest VS.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:24 AM