none
Silverlight(LS) 5 and IPAD

Question

• I found this http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-20/silverlight-50-plays-nice-on-the-ipad-009436.php

So the question is with  Lightswitch  V2.O : will that support SL5  and will our apps run on the IPAD?

ty

Eric
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

There have been no announcements on whether LS V2 will support SL5 (which is not even out of beta yet!), & it's not likely that we'll hear about that for a while yet (happy to be proved wrong though).

The Future of Microsoft Silverlight

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

• Marked as answer by bea2701 Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:14 PM
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Yes understandable because V1 is just out. It's more of a political debate between two parties. With our clients are the victims, I say so. My market group is mainly in the medical area and some use mainly the most or want to use? Exactly. Now I no obvious solution to my question more to the term vision or not, I go for my LS solution. It has its strengths, but mobility is not high priority. In addition, I was in this period still afford to make a choice. If that is made there is no turning back honestly you're crazy if you're getting into. In this segment, there is nevertheless plenty of competition there clearly are parties who see this time, the reactions and result. Two are fighting for bread and third runs off with it. That third is apparently the smartest but the smallest of the parties. Let us quietly wait and tempers calm and insight can come (grin)
    Eric
    • Marked as answer by bea2701 Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:15 PM
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

There have been no announcements on whether LS V2 will support SL5 (which is not even out of beta yet!), & it's not likely that we'll hear about that for a while yet (happy to be proved wrong though).

The Future of Microsoft Silverlight

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

• Marked as answer by bea2701 Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:14 PM
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Yes understandable because V1 is just out. It's more of a political debate between two parties. With our clients are the victims, I say so. My market group is mainly in the medical area and some use mainly the most or want to use? Exactly. Now I no obvious solution to my question more to the term vision or not, I go for my LS solution. It has its strengths, but mobility is not high priority. In addition, I was in this period still afford to make a choice. If that is made there is no turning back honestly you're crazy if you're getting into. In this segment, there is nevertheless plenty of competition there clearly are parties who see this time, the reactions and result. Two are fighting for bread and third runs off with it. That third is apparently the smartest but the smallest of the parties. Let us quietly wait and tempers calm and insight can come (grin)
    Eric
    • Marked as answer by bea2701 Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:15 PM
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:50 AM
  • When they talk about SL on ipad, they keep addressing can use video.  But don't seem to talk about being able to use full SL applications beyond just SL streaming.  That makes me wonder if it just video support or full SL runtime.  If full, that will be great.  Currently ipad is the killer device, so we do need a way to run our apps on it.  Even at our small company, ipad/iphone support was like one of the first asks. I ended up doing a simple asp front-end, but a full LS template specific to ipad/iphone screens is the high-road solution.
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:58 PM