none
How to read ISO-9660's contents, and extract it?

Question

• Hi...
    I'm a newbie programmer. I'm making a program by Visual C++. In a part of program I want it to read an ISO image file's contents and extract a specific file from it.
    Please guide me and show me the way. How can I do it? Is a plugin needed? If yes, where can I find it.

Thanks alot
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:02 PM

Answers

• Visit http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-119.htm for the original file format. It is a 20-years old standard, and technologies envolves over time, so you may want to read the specifications of ISO 9660 Level 1, 2, 3, Joliet, Rock Ridg, El Torito and ISO 9660:199.

Anyway, discussions about ISO standards should be outside of this forum. Come back when you actually have problem with C++ syntax or the Visual C++ compiler. 

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by geraneum Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:30 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:20 PM

All replies

• ...I assume that burning the thing, and reading the file from the burned disk is out of the question. MagicISO will probably let you do that, or one of the the other shareware/freeware clones that do the same thing. (They let you mount the image like it was a drive, and there you can get at the individual files.)

If you mount the image using MagicISO, or equivalent, then you can use the drive that MagicISO is emulating as another drive. (In your programs, too.)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:17 PM
  • Visit http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-119.htm for the original file format. It is a 20-years old standard, and technologies envolves over time, so you may want to read the specifications of ISO 9660 Level 1, 2, 3, Joliet, Rock Ridg, El Torito and ISO 9660:199.

Anyway, discussions about ISO standards should be outside of this forum. Come back when you actually have problem with C++ syntax or the Visual C++ compiler. 

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by geraneum Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:30 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:20 PM