none
Too Much Lost Time With ListView - HELP!

Question

• Background: 3 Tables: Table1, Table2, Table3. Table1 is the first in what amounts to a hierarchy. It has an Identity key. Table 2 is the second. It has an Identity key and also a field pointing to appropriate Key ID of table 1. Table 3 is the third table. It has an Identity key and also a field pointing to the appropriate Key ID of table 2. Using Entity Framework, Table 1 is loaded with a Dim t=from i in ef.T.Include(Table2). A stack panel with Textboxes displays data from Table1, good so far. A listview displays appropriate (i.e. data related to Table 1) data from Table 2, good so far. However, I cannot seem to define a binding that will load another Listview showing appropriate data from Table 3 based on a selection made from items displayed from Table 2 in the second listview. Any help resolving this would be much appreciated as I have spent mucho time searching and experimenting. Thanks.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 6:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is the problem just defining the binding?  Have you tried something like this:

"{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorLevel=1, AncestorType={x:Type YourTable2Type}}"

Not sure if this is exactly what you mean but it sounds like it.  You might have to twiddle with the syntax if its what you are looking for.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

You can bind the second ListView to the SelectedItem of the first ListView, there's a sample demonstrates how to do this on our All-In-One Code Framework project, you can check it here:

http://cfx.codeplex.com/sourcecontrol/changeset/view/36107?projectName=cfx#760157

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Zhi-Xin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    • Marked as answer by Expressive Friday, December 04, 2009 3:39 PM
    Friday, December 04, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Yep, works just fine! Much thanks for helping getting past this bottleneck.
    Friday, December 04, 2009 3:44 PM