none
TFS RTM to TFS Service confilct

General discussion

• I am trying to migrate a sample Project from TFS 2012(RTM 11.0.50727.1) to TFS online service using TFS integration tools but I encountered some problems:

1-When I used “activate” paths option I have this 3 errors: 

*A namespace conflict has been detected between the source and the target system for the following item: $/CDMigration/BuildProcessTemplates/DefaultTemplate.11.1.xaml;3027

*A namespace conflict has been detected between the source and the target system for the following item: $/CDMigration/BuildProcessTemplates/LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml;3028

*A namespace conflict has been detected between the source and the target system for the following item: $/CDMigration/BuildProcessTemplates/UpgradeTemplate.xaml;3027

I don't know how to resolve this conflict.

2- I tried  “cloaked” paths option but the tool generated this error : 

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.VersionControlException: '$/CDMigration' cannot be cloaked because it does not have a mapped parent.    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Client.InternalSetWorkingFolder(Workspace workspace, WorkingFolder workingFolder, Boolean isDelete)    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.CreateMapping(WorkingFolder mapping)    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.Cloak(String serverPath)    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Tfs2010VCAdapter.TfsVCMigrationProvider.CreateWorkspace()    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Tfs2010VCAdapter.TfsVCMigrationProvider.initializeConfiguration()    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Tfs2010VCAdapter.TfsVCMigrationProvider.InitializeClient()    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.MigrationEngine.Initialize(Int32 sessionRunId)

Any suggestion or help will be welcome.

thanks for help and best regards.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make a try again.

Cloak build template folder is enough.

Friday, March 01, 2013 8:13 AM
  • hi mini jacson,

I tried to do this more than once and it did not work so far. I have the same error message mentioned in my first post and the migration fails :(

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/242329
    Friday, March 01, 2013 10:16 AM