How to change color or disable the border around current line?

Question

• I get a white thick border around the current line text. Is there a way to disable or change the border color? I don't see an entry for "Current Line.." under Fonts and Colors. I have a dark background in my text editor. I am using the latest beta v11.0.50323.1
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks but those apply to VS 2010. There's no Current line entry in Fonts and Colors as I mentioned. That vsix doesn't install.
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Also looking for a way to disable this annoying white border. Can't find the "highlight current line" option.
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:06 PM
  • Monday, April 09, 2012 11:28 AM
  • This is weird, I have just installed the last VS update (Version 11.0.50323.1 QRELB) and the "Highlight current line" option just appeared. I am certain that this option was not there before since I checked VS options as soon as Morgof's message was posted. After updating, there it was.

Anyway, that did the trick and the annoying white border is no more. Thanks.

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:25 PM
  • So..."Highlight current line" is there...but how do you remove the border?
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:39 PM
  • @Farina - Go to Fonts and Colors in Tools > Options and find the "Highlight Current Line (Active)" item. Match the foreground color to the background color for that item and you'll notice the lighter border around the Highlight Current Line "disappears."

Hope this helps,
    Cathy Sullivan
    Visual Studio Program Manager

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Oh, then my highlight line is white...and that's annoying :(. I use a dark background and I usually had my highlight line black, so it stood out but didn't jump out. 

Regardless, thanks for the tip...hopefully they allow us to change it in the future.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:05 PM