none
Workflow Monitor Sample

Question

• Was wondering if there were any existing framework 4.0 samples with similar functionality to the Workflow Monitor sample in the framework 3.5 sample pack or if anyone has advice about how to go about implementing a similar "Workflow Monitor" in framework 4.0?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:52 AM

Answers

• Sorry...can't say when Beta 2 will be available. Once an official release date is available you'll get wind of it in the forums or on the Microsoft Workflow product site.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Matt - I see this post is over a year old, but I'd thought I check anyway. I don't see anything in the WF4 samples that are similar to the old Workflow Monitor sample. Did it not get created in the samples?  I see the Visual Workflow Tracking sample but that is different because it's executing a workflow live rather than looking at the historical data. I'd appreciate knowing if there is anything else similar out there.  Thanks.

The Visual Workflow Tracking sample can be modified to work fine with historical data also, as long as you have the historical workflow XAML definition, and the historical tracking records.

Tim

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:31 PM

All replies

• rob, we do have one that will be in the beta2 set of samples.

You would go about doing this by building a rheosted app, displaying the tracking data (from whatever store it is persisted in) and then programming against the designer to highlight and adorn the respective items in whatever fashion you want.

You can do this with the WPF adorner api and using the ViewService to get the UIElement from the model item of the activity that you want to mark up. 

You could also add a style if you don't want to use the adorner API (this is the way the debugger should be working internally).
    Program Manager -- Modeling Platform and Tools http://blogs.msdn.com/mwinkle
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:57 PM
  • Matt,

Could we know when the beta2 will come out? or the probable month? season? Thx!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Sorry...can't say when Beta 2 will be available. Once an official release date is available you'll get wind of it in the forums or on the Microsoft Workflow product site.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Matt - I see this post is over a year old, but I'd thought I check anyway. I don't see anything in the WF4 samples that are similar to the old Workflow Monitor sample. Did it not get created in the samples?  I see the Visual Workflow Tracking sample but that is different because it's executing a workflow live rather than looking at the historical data. I'd appreciate knowing if there is anything else similar out there.  Thanks.
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Matt,

Bump on Steve's comment. Would love some guidance on using historical data for same. Any samples for this now available? 

Regards,

Jeremy

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Steve,

Have you got any sample to track historical data?

Regards,
    Jaydeep

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:49 AM

The Visual Workflow Tracking sample can be modified to work fine with historical data also, as long as you have the historical workflow XAML definition, and the historical tracking records.

Tim

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:31 PM