none
Error TF248001 when uploading process template

Question

• I have a work item type in my process template that is setup like this:

<FIELD name="Project Name" refname="MyCompany.Common.ProjectName" type="String">
            <READONLY not="[project]\Project Administrators" />
    </FIELD>

But when I try to upload the process template the get the following error in the log:

Exception Message: TF248001: You have specified a project-scoped group, '[project]\Project Administrators', which is not allowed for a global list or a global workflow that is defined for a project collection. Remove the reference to the specified group. (type ProvisionValidationException)

My field is not a global list or part of a global workflow, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. If I remove the READONLY field the process template uploads just fine. But, I can load that specific work item type manually without any problems into a team project.

Any idea why it's a problem loading when done as part of the process template upload?

This is for TFS2010.

Thanks.

Monday, October 01, 2012 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your post.

I test the issue in my side, i add a field as same as your post in a process template, the result is i can save the process template and upload it to TFS server. Also, i can create new team project with that process template.

Hope you can provide following information to help narrow down the issue:
    The detail steps you do to the process template. Include, which WIT you add the field to? How do you add that field, edit the existing field, or create a new WIT?

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 2:47 AM
  • I'm working with the Sprint WIT from the Scrum template. I have used the Process Editor from the Power Tools to make the change. I then export the WIT and add it to my process template. When I export it, I don't save the global lists.

I'll try making the change manually to the xml file.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

you need to install TFS SP1. One of the issues fixed is this:

• The process template is not uploaded if a work item type definition references project level groups.

You can find more info and download link here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2182621

JESPER FERNSTRÖM
    Transcendent Group

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:51 PM
  • I've installed SP1. I'll try again. Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:54 PM
  • That was it. I must have missed it somehow. 

Thanks, my process template uploads just fine.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

I have pretty much run into the same problem and it just does not seems to go away with the SP1 (which I already have). I am basically restricting the values in certain fields using groups 

<FIELD name="Assigned To" refname="System.AssignedTo" type="String" syncnamechanges="true">
            <ALLOWEDVALUES filteritems="excludegroups">
              <LISTITEM value="[Project]\People" />
            </ALLOWEDVALUES>
            <ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE />
            <HELPTEXT>The person currently working on this story</HELPTEXT>
          </FIELD>

Unfortunately, I can't avoid having restrictions using groups. Any ideas?

Paritosh

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:31 AM
  • Just to verify, it is TFS SP1 that you have applied correct and not VS2010 SP1?

Once I applied TFS SP1 it worked just fine.

Anthony

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:25 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Its the TFS SP1.

Paritosh

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:30 PM
  • Hello

I have the same problem even after TFS SP1. My list is defined as

<FIELD name="Assigned To" refname="System.AssignedTo" type="String" syncnamechanges="true" reportable="dimension">
            <ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE />
            <HELPTEXT>The person currently working on this bug (Uses team defined values)</HELPTEXT>
            <!-- if {USER_RULES} -->
            <ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems="true" filteritems="excludegroups"><LISTITEM value="[project]\Contributors" /></ALLOWEDVALUES>
            <!-- endif {USER_RULES} -->
          </FIELD>

It fails with the TF248001 error saying that "You have specified a project-scoped group, '[project]\Contributors', which is not allowed for a global list or a global workflow that is defined for a project collection.".

I did apply TFS SP1 .

Any suggestions?

Thx

Prakash

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:01 PM
  • Hi Prakash,

The key here is to use global keyword instead of project or collection. I used  [GLOBAL]\People instead of [PROJECT]\People which worked for me.

Try using  [GLOBAL]\CONTRIBUTORS. It should work.

Paritosh Arya

• Proposed as answer by Paritosh Arya Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Paritosh Arya Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:07 AM
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Thx for the reply Arya. I am new to TFS. But, our contributors list is unique for each project.  If I use [Global], wouldn't all the contributors from all projects show up?

Thx

Prakash

pvl

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:37 PM
  • If your project is in different collection this will work, but if all project reside under same collection, you will have problems.

You can refer to this link http://blogs.technet.com/b/chrad/archive/2010/10/20/tfs-2010-scoping-assigned-to-field-in-work-item-definition-for-a-project.aspx

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:56 PM