none
Database View

Question

• Following a C# book that requires the creation of a SQL express database.  This is Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite. Have done so but the attending''database view" has not presented to replace the solution view.  How can one induce this view.  Guidance sought
    • Moved by lucy-liu Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:36 AM it is not a msbuild issue (From:MSBuild)
    Friday, April 06, 2012 11:18 PM

All replies

• Hi MNewsome,

The "Database View" means the database explorer?

We can access Database Explorer, choose Database Explorer on the View menu. More information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x603htbk.aspx

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let us now, and describe this issue in detail. Or provide some steps or sample code for us to reproduce this issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:48 AM
  • The issue is this… I am following a textbook exercise that requires the creation of a database.  Having created the database one is supposed to see a Database Explorer in the Toolbox.  It was seen the first time the database was created but has not been seen since.  I would want to know if the Database Explorer is a one-time event, is there and issue with the installation, or have I followed the correct steps to generate the database explorer.  I need to gain complete familiarity with the basics of my studies.  Your continued guidance is appreciated

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:36 PM
  • You "bold"ed every words, so I think you need to control your temper.

Like Lucy described, you can always open Database Explorer/Server Explorer via View menu. So obviously it is not a one time event.

By the way, if you are following a text book, discuss your mates or teachers and interchange ideas on how to understand it. You are not supposed to post every question you meet online, as responses from Internet are typically slow and not straight forward. Choose the right communication channel and be patient.

Lex Li (http://lextm.com)

Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:45 AM