none
Can't install app in my laptop (windows 2000)

Question

• Hello,
    I'm trying to install and application developed using microsoft visual studio 2005 (mfc), but I encounter an error everytime.
    Anything I need to do/install?

thanks.
    Monday, October 22, 2007 12:00 AM

Answers

•  Lannie wrote:
    I get the error message "Unable to locate DLL. The dynamic link library xxxxx.dll could not be found."

So you are trying to install a visual c++ 2005 built MFC application to windows 2000, there are two aspects that need to be aware of:

1. Applications build with Visual C++ 2005 are manifest-enabled by default.

2. Windows 2000 does not support manifest-based deployment.

I would use dependencies walker(depends.exe) to check which DLLs that this application depends on(mfc80.dll, msvcr80.dll,etc.), and add these DLLs to your $(windir)\system32 folder.

hope it helps

rico

Friday, October 26, 2007 5:31 AM

All replies

• We are going to need to know more about the error before we can answer.

Monday, October 22, 2007 3:10 AM
  • I get the error message "Unable to locate DLL. The dynamic link library xxxxx.dll could not be found."

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:23 AM
  •  Lannie wrote:
    I get the error message "Unable to locate DLL. The dynamic link library xxxxx.dll could not be found."

So you are trying to install a visual c++ 2005 built MFC application to windows 2000, there are two aspects that need to be aware of:

1. Applications build with Visual C++ 2005 are manifest-enabled by default.

2. Windows 2000 does not support manifest-based deployment.

I would use dependencies walker(depends.exe) to check which DLLs that this application depends on(mfc80.dll, msvcr80.dll,etc.), and add these DLLs to your $(windir)\system32 folder.

hope it helps

rico

Friday, October 26, 2007 5:31 AM