none
Just-In-Time Debugger

Question

• for some reason, whenever i send an email through my school's microsoft outlook express location, recently i've been having this pop up:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in firefox.exe [728]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: no installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for ‘Just-in-time debugging, errors’ for more information

it's been doing this occaisionally for over a year, but now it's doing it every time i try to send an email. i researched it on microsoft's website, but apparently the program that is supposed to stop this from happening, Visual Studio 2005 standard or pro is a program i'd have to pay for! somebody help please!!! i need my email!!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you have a version of VS installed on the machine e.g. an express edition perhaps at some point? In any case what the message is saying is that firefox.exe encountered an unhandled exception and is about to shutdown and is giving a chance to debug.

To avoid getting these messages you can disable Just-in-Time debugging. Follow the instructions in the following link. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

Hope this helps

Azeem Khan

Visual Studio Debugger.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you have a version of VS installed on the machine e.g. an express edition perhaps at some point? In any case what the message is saying is that firefox.exe encountered an unhandled exception and is about to shutdown and is giving a chance to debug.

To avoid getting these messages you can disable Just-in-Time debugging. Follow the instructions in the following link. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

Hope this helps

Azeem Khan

Visual Studio Debugger.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:11 PM
  • Hi
    I know this is an old topic but I also have a problem with jit debugger. I once had visual studio express installed but after sometime the jit debugger message would pop up everytime I switched on my computer and logged. Veeery wisely I uninstalled the program and the pop up message disappeared. But then again another error would appear (after the deinstalation) when I was trying to run some other programs. I'm really in despair and don't know what to do. I think I can't install VS express again because the cd is so scrached. Is there any other way to deal with the jit debugger than using visual studio? Please, help! (quickl, if possible; i'm leaving in 2 days)
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:07 PM
  • Unfortunately that link just takes me to a page about Visual Express, which I don't have, telling me to uninstall it from a tab that I also dont' have.
    I think the main question is - How do I stop these messages appearing?  At the moment this message stops me from printing things off the net.  I am about 3/4 of the way through printing an Instuctable and this message keeps popping up and then shutting down both Firefox and IE so I'm not getting the rest of the printing done.  I had a look in 'Add or remove programmes' but I don't have VS.  I also did a search in 'Find' and found some files from about 3 years ago, deleted them, but still cant get past this pop-up message.  When I googled the error I found this page and the page that is in the link above.  Between the two of them - not much good.

How do I STOP these messages appearing?
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:58 PM