none
Cannot open include file: 'streams.h'

    Question

  • Hi All!

    I am trying to compile this program, however when i try to compile it in VS2008 i get the error:

     fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'streams.h': No such file or directory


    Now i did link the directory as an additional dependency, and when i right-click open document, it opens the file. Also, when I try to compile in a different configuration setting, using the unicode character set which creates even more problems, it does find the directory. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:05 PM

Answers

  • I figured out my problem. When I went to Tools->Options->Project and Solutions-> VC++ Directories and added it, i added it for executable directories, and not include directories. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by savelieffd Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:38 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:38 PM

All replies

  • mmm, is this a DirectShow program? Then you need to add the patch of DirectShow base classes to your include search path.

    The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Patch? I have the latest version of the Windows SDK linked
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:23 PM
  • I figured out my problem. When I went to Tools->Options->Project and Solutions-> VC++ Directories and added it, i added it for executable directories, and not include directories. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by savelieffd Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:38 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:38 PM
  • FYI, the streams.h header isn't in the main SDK include directory. It is under Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\multimedia\directshow\baseclasses, so that is the directory you need to add to your include search path.

    With that added, a simple cpp file with

    #include <streams.h>

    Compiled with no errors what so ever, and I didn't even switch Unicode off.


    Visit my (not very good) blog at http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:48 PM
  • That is the directory that i added. Except under tools I was adding that directory to look for executable, not include files. It compiles fine now. It was stupid mistake on my part. Thanks for answering though
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:15 PM
  • Too bad... I am using the sharpdevelop...
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:01 AM