none
JIRA to TFS 2010 migration

General discussion

• for migrating from Jira to tfs 2010, I am planning to map the templates first and then import the data (workitems) using excel. Is there any better way for this ? I am more concerned about links and attachments ( attached directly to workitems) that are needed to be  transfered as well. For attachments, there is only a couple of tables which get updated, but not sure whether i could directly dump the data into them .... Please advise.

• Changed type mvkram Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:38 PM
    • Moved by Forrest GuoModerator Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:34 PM move to more appropriate forum (From:Team Foundation Server – Power Tools & Add-ons)
    Monday, March 26, 2012 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hello mvkram,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Did you find any more information about this?  This thread has some information, but I don't know if it's the latest.
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:09 PM
  • yes, I was able to finish this task... the only way to get the attachments and links, in my case, was to utilize the sdk. 
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:48 PM
  • Agreed.  We ended up writing our own migration, too.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:16 AM
  • Hi,

If you have some code, app as a "starter for 10" that you could share that would be great, chances are that I wouldn't need to change that much to get it to work with our Jira Implementation!

Seems foolish to start from scratch if someone has already done most of the work!

Thanks

Ian

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:39 AM