none
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135).

Question

• My application, aimed at the analysis of certain classes of data from surface science and therefore of widespread but very limited distribution, is now in a beta testing phase while I work away on version 2.0  I am distributing only the executable file which has run successfully on a small number of machines including one running in Windows 95.  However one user has received the subject error message.  Do I need to create a distribution disk with additional files to ensure that the program will run on a variety of machines?  If I were to create an installer file, might that solve the problem?
    Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The first thing I would do is give the user another copy of your application just encase something happened to they're code, you shouldn't need an installer as for everyone else everything is fine. Another thing I would do is just make sure they have the correct version of the framework installed.  Also it might be user permissions, I don't know what is happening in your software but perhaps the user doesn't have correct permissions, i.e. the application cannot load/write a local file or network share. Its has be something specific to that user, if it was your application everyone would have problems. This makes me think its their permissions.

Hope you get it sorted, if not try installing a new user.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The first thing I would do is give the user another copy of your application just encase something happened to they're code, you shouldn't need an installer as for everyone else everything is fine. Another thing I would do is just make sure they have the correct version of the framework installed.  Also it might be user permissions, I don't know what is happening in your software but perhaps the user doesn't have correct permissions, i.e. the application cannot load/write a local file or network share. Its has be something specific to that user, if it was your application everyone would have problems. This makes me think its their permissions.

Hope you get it sorted, if not try installing a new user.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:44 PM
  • In the instance I encountered, the person who received the subject error message did not have the dot net framework installed.  Dotnetfx.exe can be downloaded from Microsoft.  Once my beta tester ran dotnetfx.exe, my application ran.
    Saturday, May 05, 2007 4:49 PM