none
mousewheel event not firing

Question

• I have a c# windows forms project where I catch the mousewheel event.  I took the project home to work on it, and noticed that mousewheel event was no longer firing on my home computer.  After bringing the project back to work, the mousewheel event no longer fires on my work computer either.  Both computers run windows XP.  The home computer runs .NET framework 4.0, the work computer .NET framwork 4.0.3 client profile, so I have to change the target framework when building.  The old project version on my work computer still fires the mousewheel event.  None of the changes I made were related to this event.  Does anyone know why this event would fire on one computer and not the other, and why it would no longer fire on the computer/OS that it did before?

genush

Friday, December 28, 2012 4:39 PM

Answers

• I don't have the answer for you but corruption comes to mind.

Build some basic code with just the mouse event and try it on both computers.

I guess I never thought about this before.....but shouldn't targeting the client profile framework work for bother computers since it is a subset of the full version ?

• Marked as answer by genush Friday, December 28, 2012 6:15 PM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 5:47 PM

All replies

• I don't have the answer for you but corruption comes to mind.

Build some basic code with just the mouse event and try it on both computers.

I guess I never thought about this before.....but shouldn't targeting the client profile framework work for bother computers since it is a subset of the full version ?

• Marked as answer by genush Friday, December 28, 2012 6:15 PM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I don't know.  I was thinking it might be due to differences in the .NET framework version installed.  I incorporated the updates I made into the version at work, and the mousewheel event fires, so I have a workaround but not the answer.  I guess I won't worry about it and it will remain one of those unsolved mysteries.  Thanks.

genush

Friday, December 28, 2012 6:17 PM