none
microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1

Question

• after upgrading to this version can i delete the others off of my hard drive?
    Monday, September 28, 2009 5:44 PM

Answers

• this depends. you might have applications that rely on the older versions of the framework. incase you removed the older versions these applications might no longer work. thus, you'd better not remove the older versions of the .net framework.

WM_HOPETHISHELPS
    -thomas woelfer

http://www.die.de/blog
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, October 05, 2009 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:13 AM
  • To Roopesh:

Based on my understanding, Silsable wants to delete the earlier version of .NET Framework like .NET 1.0 or 2.0.

Hi Silsable,

I agree with Thomas.

Firstly, if you have upgraded .NET Framework to 3.5 SP1, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 because .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5.

Referring to removal of other the earlier versions of the .NET Framework like .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

For applications, if we have some application based on .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 on your PC, you cannot uninstall it because we need it to run the related applications.
    If you're not quite sure about the related applications, I would suggest you to leave all .NET Framework on your machine. :)

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:11 AM typo
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,
       I didn't get ur problem. others in the sense, what u r going to delete???? Explain ur question clearly.
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:20 AM
  • this depends. you might have applications that rely on the older versions of the framework. incase you removed the older versions these applications might no longer work. thus, you'd better not remove the older versions of the .net framework.

WM_HOPETHISHELPS
    -thomas woelfer

http://www.die.de/blog
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:13 AM
  • To Roopesh:

Based on my understanding, Silsable wants to delete the earlier version of .NET Framework like .NET 1.0 or 2.0.

Hi Silsable,

I agree with Thomas.

Firstly, if you have upgraded .NET Framework to 3.5 SP1, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 because .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5.

Referring to removal of other the earlier versions of the .NET Framework like .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

For applications, if we have some application based on .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 on your PC, you cannot uninstall it because we need it to run the related applications.
    If you're not quite sure about the related applications, I would suggest you to leave all .NET Framework on your machine. :)

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:11 AM typo
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:09 AM