none
manage documnt creation workflow with TFS

Question

• Is there a way to manage and track workflow for the creation of a document library.

Beside our software package, we have a library of documents. This library is indeed independent of the software versions. The documents are created and published on some web site, while the sw can seek and open them.

My team maintains this library. I tried to customize WIT to fit some workflow but TFS is very process oriented and my work is document oriented.

Does any workflow model exists for this kind of jobs? We will prefer to use something implemented in TFS to keep the same tracking tool for all departements.

Thank you

GC

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi GC,

Thank you for your post.

As far as i know, in current release, TFS work item tracking like a big project plan, take task for example, create a task assign to lily, need 6 hours to complete, now the state is active, bala bala. lily find there is a new task assigned to her, so she open the task see what need to do.

Now, for this issue, would you please let us know what operations or how you want to track the document? This will help us narrow down the issue. Like, i need to show information about document: Who create it? Who approve it? What's main content? What's the URL after submit it to web site? ...

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:36 AM