none
error 2738.Could not access VBScript run time for custom action

Question

• Im trying to install blackberry 4.2 service pack 1 On my windows vista for my blackberry phone and i keep gettin this message.. Can someone please tell me what i need to do?
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:10 PM

All replies

• No idea but as a guess you could try running the installer as administrator?

If it's an MSI, try running cmd.exe as administrator and launching the MSI from there
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:44 PM
  • I am running it as an administrator, Any other suggestions? Is there a VBscript download?
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:10 PM
  • When you say "I am running it as an administrator", does that mean you are logged in as "Administrator" or that you are running in the MSI as Administrator.

In vista, nothing runs as Administrator even if you are logged in as it, so let me know if you are actually telling the MSI to run as Administrator.
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:24 PM
  • Ok I am not that bright, I guess but I have no idea how to do what you just said... So I guess I'm not that great when it comes to computers...Thanks for the suggestion, but if you could explain to me what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.. Thanks alot
    Monday, February 26, 2007 4:06 AM
  • I think you probably would be better off asking about it in a Windows Vista support group, or even better in a Blackberry specific group?
    • Proposed as answer by Dimpey Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:20 PM
    Monday, February 26, 2007 11:08 AM
  • You need to make sure vbscript.dll and/or jscript.dll is registered, but that they are not registered in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. This may be the case if you didn't run regsvr32.exe on either of them or ran the Windows Script installer in a non-elevated console window (or any other way without elevating it). These script engines cannot be registered in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (HKCU) or Windows Installer will fail to load them for security reasons.

See http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2007/05/31/windows-installer-errors-2738-and-2739-with-script-custom-actions.aspx for more information and a solution to either case of error messages 2738 and 2739.

Friday, June 01, 2007 3:50 AM
  • i have the same problem.  did you figure it out

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:43 AM

• folow this link
    and it will work if allah wish

http://www.nitropdf.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10106&cNode=3D8W4P
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:22 PM
  • You are a star! Thank you so much!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:26 PM
  •  Larae wrote:
    Im trying to install blackberry 4.2 service pack 1 On my windows vista for my blackberry phone and i keep gettin this message.. Can someone please tell me what i need to do?
    Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:23 PM
  •  

Great that link is amazing. Thank You

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:03 PM
  • Thanks, the link did the trick.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Thanks.  the NitroPDF page laid it out very nicely.
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 10:24 PM
  • I have this problem myself as well when i try to update a program so i followed your suggestion and when i tried to click on command prompt  I can't find it...there is no "command Prompt" in my accessory folder at all..so now what should i do and where can i find that?
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:14 PM
  • I solved this after spending ages researching the problem with javascript not running in internet explorer. No matter what I did with regsvr32 jscript.dll or registry changes nothing worked.

Then I discovered the PC still had some remnants of McAfee installed. Particularly MC script proxy and a few 'MC' services and BHOs. I ran the McAfee removal tool, rebooted and the PC now runs perfectly.

Yet another problem solved by removing rubbish antivirus software!

• Edited by Martin Connolly 2 Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:36 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dimpey Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:22 PM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:36 PM